TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My picture is too big for the screen. I only see heads. When

Customer Question
trying to change aspect ratio...
My picture is too big for the screen. I only see heads. When trying to change aspect ratio the selections are off the screen. I have Direct TV and I do joy have the hitachi original remote
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
1/2/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Most of the time over size picture signal comes from cable box and rebooting the cable box works to fix the problem. Unplug cable box power cord from power outlet for 5 minutes, replug back in, let it reboot and check picture size.

If problem persist then find a button on cable remote labeled as Format or * or # or Zoom or HD zoom or Aspect or Wide etc, push that button to get different options for picture size and select one to get best fit picture on screen.

Please reply back with the result to proceed.

Rebooting did not work the first 3 times I tried it and again this time. I spent one hour on the line with Direct TV last night and they swear that it is a TV setting that is wrong. Again, changing the settings is nearly impossible due to the screen distortion. The remote from direct TV does not have any of the buttons labeled as you mentioned and again, I do not have the original Hitachi remote.

Do you see * or # button below the 9 key on cable remote, it could be labeled as Format, try that button to change picture size.

OK, you can confirm your TV by connecting another video source such as DVD, Bluray or gaming console to see if it displays normal size picture?

If it is then it will confirm that directv box has got internal issue and should be replaced by company to resolve the problem.

I have disconnected the DirectTV box and I am unable to select television input devices due to the inability to see the list since it goes beyond the screen capacity. I was hoping that maybe you were aware of a reset button of some sort in the particular model Television...hitachi LE55A6R9A

You would need to confirm your TV as I suggested in previous reply by hooking any other video device such as DVD player etc, do you get normal size picture now?

This is as close as I can get to confirming my TV. My DVD home theater is hooked up and playing however, again, I cannot access it through the TV due to the fact that it's label remains off the bottom of the screen. This is without the Direct TV box.

wow, thanks for the picture that helped a lot to diagnose the issue.

This is definitely TV internal issue and main board of TV that process the video signal has got problem and causing huge size picture. Replacement of main board in TV will fix the problem. Please check with following board supplier to get replacement main board if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/hitachi-le55a6r9-complete-tv-repair-kit-version-1.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician