TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I am trying to hook up a rca indoor to my old tv hitachi, we

Customer Question
i am trying to hook...
i am trying to hook up a rca indoor to my old tv hitachi
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: we got in 2004
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the tv dose work we just do not have cable with so that why i got antenna
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i just got the antenna today.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
1/1/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the Hitachi so I can look up it's specs as well as its MENU?

can you help me get this indoor flat hdtv antenna to work with my hitachi
46w500

Thanks for the reply. Yews of course- that's why I took the question. I have to look up your TV now- please bear with me a few minutes.

Okay. This TV won't work directly with the antenna without a DTV (digital) tuner in the mix. The TV's tuner is Analog only- so can't receive current over the air broadcasts which are digital. So you need to purchase a DTV tuner- which is available at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, or at the link below:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-AT102-Digital-Converter-Box/54655846?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227050988221&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=147334214552&wl4=aud-261800281900:pla-285652674474&wl5=9001641&wl6=&wl7=9001828&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=54655846&wl13=&veh=sem

You simply connect that box to the TV's Red,White and Yellow RCA Inputs, connect the antenna to the box "ANT IN" then follow the on screen instructions you see as soon as the box is powered up to scan and save channels.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

no i will take it back to the store. thanks for your help

Okay I understand. You're welcome. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

will it work whit rabbit ears

No, that's the thing- the TV won't work with ANY antenna unless you purchase a DTV box because the TV has NO Digital Tuner (it came out before they switched the signal to Digital), and ALL broadcasts are now digital. The TV NEEEDS that converter to work with any antenna you buy for it.

Do you need further assistance with this?

In around 2008 ALL TV broadcast towers changed the signal to digital per the FCC, so any TV built before that requires the DTV tuner.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.

Aric, Technician