TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have attached a HTML cable to vizio port #3 and to my MAC

Customer Question
DVD. My computer desk top...
I have attached a HTML cable to vizio port #3 and to my MAC DVD. My computer desk top appears on the VIZIO screen but t he DVD will not show there. That same setup works instantly on the Best Buy TV upstairs? What's going on and how do I solve it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'm looking for the serial number. We think we've had it about 3-4 years.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The vizio brochure says E551VA. Is that a serial number. About the inputs: No, we get velocity net on one and Time-Warner on the other.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I first tried to use the Vizio for html about two weeks ago.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, not really.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
1/2/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

When connected to a TV, your display will either be extended or mirrored.

If you are not seeing the DVDs then it is likely that you are just seeing an extension of your display on the TV.

You will need to change the display setting from Extended to Mirrored -

Open 'System Preferences' and click on 'Displays'. Two windows should appear, one with 'Built-In Display' (that's your MacBook's screen) and a second one for your TV.

Focus on the second window and click the 'Arrangement' tab. Ensure that a tick is placed in the box marked 'Mirror Displays'. The display should now appear on your TV.

--------------------
Happy New Year!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Pete, Electronic Engineer