Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am trying to connect my new Samsung suhd tv to my older HK

Customer Question

I am trying to connect my new Samsung suhd tv to my older HK receiver. I can get the blurry player to work fine (sound and pic). I try to play my fire stick and the picture is there but no sound comes through the receiver
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: samsung is 2 days old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: just preformed the factory reset per the chat with support. nothing I have really old tried the two. that's all the sources i have
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: receiver worked fine on the older tv. just hooked new tv up tonight
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can give model #'s if needed also I am using an optical cable for the connection. My receiver doesn't have HDMI ports
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of all the devices. Additionally, please describe how thes devices are inter-connected using what kind of cable(s).