Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

It turns off doon ss i turn it on flat screen vizo, 5 to 7

Customer Question

It turns off doon ss i turn it on flat screen vizo
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 to 7 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Ut p Only lights up the vizo wird then clicks back off
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Jyst
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Jyst today
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).
This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as an older model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. These vizio sets typically have an expected service life of just a few years at best. They are built for a low price point, not for quality.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet
2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)
3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.
If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $300 range (assuming a 42-50 inch tv).

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Power supply been replaced all ready i use it as a coputer monitor .k can get a 4 k at waknart for 382 50 inch maybe thats the next step
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Neve mind ill deal with it i dont want to spend 26 bucjd to tell je its broke
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ty tsje care
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.
If you rhave placed power supply already then you'd do the main next but even that I would not consider worth the investment. If you'd like help finding parts though please let me know the model number.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your time. I don't work on TV I will see if I can reset if not I'll replace I got a lot of hours from her. Ty again
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

You're very welcome, and best of luck to you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Why did you charge me 2 3 bucks twice I never talked to u! You charged me 5 bucks twice! All you did was tell me my t. V. Is broken I am going to the bank and stop this. You said I could talk to u on the phone I said no. What kind of scam you got going down there?
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

To be clear, I did not charge you anything. You paid your fee to the site,

That is how the site works.
I'd be happy to talk by phone if you would like, but that is not part of the chat, the site treats that as a separate fee - you said you did not want to spend more for a call so no call was ever initiated, that would only happen if you clicked on the button to accept that.

If you are seeing duplicate fees you may have opened another account or question, but you can contact the customer service team from the help page and if there were any extra charges they'd refund that for you.