TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Ravia Tv was displaying the time in the bottom R/H corner of

Customer Question
the tv. JA: What's the make...
ravia Tv was displaying the time in the bottom R/H corner of the tv.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its a KDL(###) ###-####about 7 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything works except the time display which has disappeared from the bottom corner of the screen.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We dont know.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was checking settings to see if I could find something, but just went thru the menu,didnt change anything.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
12/31/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?

- Do you have Sony remote that came with the TV?

Sony Bravia model KDL 40Z5500,yes we have a sony remote

Nice, please press Display or Info+ button on Sony remote, does it bring time on screen?

no

OK, working on it, give me 5 minutes please.

Please press Menu and go to Settings (tool box icon) then go to Clock Set option and check the time, if it is correct (as per local time in area) then only option is to press i+ button on Sony remote to enable the on-screen display to get time display on screen.

i+ button is located on top of buttons in circle on remote, it has i+ ? icons. Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

which one is menu

Sorry about confusion, menu is labeled as HOME button on this remote. Just the verbiage is different.

when I gp to settings it has clock/timers, and it has sleep timer etc but no clock set option

This is odd, Clock Set option should be there if TV has clock display on screen.

Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in an check clock-set option in Home menu.

You understand this isnt the clock display that appears when a program is chosen, this is an ongoing display of the time in the bottom r/h corner which is there no matter whether the tv is on tv, Foxtel or whatever.

I understand, it is real time digital clock display appears on TV screen and I'm working on that issue with you.

ok.
I still cant find the clock set option.

No because the clock is all ok.
When you press the I+ button, the info comes up and the clock is correct.
Thats not the display Im talking about.
Its a separate display that is on- going in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

ah OK, I'm not aware of that clock display so let me see if another expert can assist you on this matter.

I'm opting out to repost the question.

Thanks.

Ok please ensure I am not charged anymore for this service.I definitely do not want to sign up for an ongoing service.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician