TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

When I push the power button the red light comes on, but the

Customer Question
is nothing on the scene JA...
When I push the power button the red light comes on, but the is nothing on the scene
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Model is TC37LZ800. July 2008.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing works. It does not come on.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have been out of the country for two months and when I came home last night it would go turn on.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There doesn't seem to be an input button on the tv. Should there be one?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
12/31/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did that.

OK, does screen glow/ show backlight when switch On the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No.

OK, there are two circuit boards in TV that can cause of this symptoms, either power supply board isn't working properly to provide required volts to other circuit boards in TV or main processor board has got internal failure. I'm sorry for this news, it needs further troubleshooting with multimeter to determine what board is bad to get it replaced if required replacement board is still available with any supplier because TV is quite old model. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://tvrepaircanada.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician