TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The record button does not record. What steps do I take to

Customer Question
The record button does not...
The record button does not record. What steps do I take to record?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 2 months old Model # NS/ 19D220NA16-A
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works fine & so does everything else. It just doesn't record
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It never has recorded since I got it apx 2 mo ago
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to record
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
12/31/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me more about what you are trying to record?

I want to record the Rose Parade tomorrow, but we can record anything now!

What do you have connected to the tv?
Cable/satellite box or dvr, vcr, etc?

What remote are you using to record?

I have cable connection
I'm using the cable remote - so should I call the cable co?

Is there a cable BOX?

If so, can you tell me the model number of that box?

It's an Explorer 8640 HDC

OKay that is a dvr box which is what I wanted to confirm,

initially please unplug power to the cable box for at least minute,

then replug the power to it and give it about 5 more minutes to start back up.

When it comes back on, try to record again and let me know what happens.

Please cancel my call. Cable co solved the problem

I cannot cancel anything,

I'm an independent tech and have no access to billing or account matters.

I believe my questions and advice given lead you to an understanding of the problem so that you could pursue the remedy through the proper means (cox).

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Installer