Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I have a Sharp rear projection tv, model 64lhp4000 that I

Customer Question

I have a Sharp rear projection tv, model 64lhp4000 that I opened up to clean the color guns which had accumulated dust on them. I removed the lower cardboard cover and the plastic upper cover that hods the mirror in place. In taking it out, the mirror fell inside on the color gus but did not break. I cleaned the guns and the mirror and tried to re-install it but in working it back up inside the housing it leaned to far forward and broke the lower left corner (Looking at it from the back) so I had a mirror cut at a local glass shop and tried to instal that one but it leaned and broke also. What am I doing wrong?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was manufactured in April 1999 and the model is 64LHP4000 with only about 100 hours on it if that much
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, everything works. I broke the mirror. What is the trick to putting one in
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: What are you talking about
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: How to re-install the mirror without breaking it
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, what do I do?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have tried to put double sided tape on the top of the mirror where it fits into the three brackets so that it would hold in place when I inserted it into the brackets. The double sided tape will not hold it in the metal brackets long enough for me to put the top plastic cover in place to hold the bottom of the mirror.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tell you what, I really do not have the time to sit by the computer and wait for a reply so how about we just forget this process and refund my money and I will use that at the shop if I can find someone that can do the work.

I think this will help you - I am going to give you a link to the service manual....

http://diagramasde.com/diagramas/otros/64LHP400.pdf

Let me know if that helps.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you but I already downloaded that off the web and it has nothing in it about replacing the internal reflection mirror.
This was not any help, guess I am shop bound. Please refund my money.