Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

DVI-HDTV port has HDMI adapter for my fire-stick and the

Customer Question

DVI-HDTV port has HDMI adapter for my fire-stick and the picture is fine but i have no sound. It is on o
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: 2003 Sony LCD projections tv, model KF-42WE610
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Only on the HDMI hook up
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: From beginning
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has R&L audio red, yellow in same bracket area as HDMI converter plug from the DVI-HDTV connect
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

I'm afraid your TV is too old for this latest video device and it is just a technology difference, in 2003 the video devices had separate audio out jacks to connect to this TV and only video signal comes through HDMI for higher resolution picture, now TV and video devices have upgraded version of HDMI input calls 1.4 version that contains audio signals as well along with video signals, control signals etc.

I'm afraid you can't connect fire-stick directly in this TV to get sound, alternate option is to get soundbar that should have HDMI input and output, plug the fire-stick in HDMI input of soundbar to get sound through soundbar and hook the HDMI out in TV to get picture on TV. Last option is to replace the TV with latest model.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sound bar meaning
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, i dont have the money
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Please click following link to view Sony soundbar and there are several brads soundbar available with different price range..

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-HT-CT370-Wireless-Subwoofer-Bluetooth/dp/B00IWQREE4

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.