Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How can I connect my 10 year old Sony DVD/Video player with

Customer Question

How can I connect my 10 year old Sony DVD/Video player with my Sony 5 year old tv with my "rabbit ears" tv connection? So far, there is no connection. Help! I want to play my old DVDs and Videos! Is there some kind of connection I don't know about? It doesn't work with the 3-part jacks. Joan
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The Sony tv is about 5 years old and the DVD/Video player is about 10 years old. The tv: model: KDL328X330. the DVD/Video player: (###) ###-####
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu worked with a cable connection which I no longer have. The only item on the menu now is "TV." I believe we have the same problem on all sources and inputs: We used to be able to change easily from the tv to the DVD/Video with the cable connection. We have moved and no longer have a cable connection available. We are presently using "rabbit ears" antenna.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been an issue ever since we moved and lost the cable connection.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

That player model doesn't look quite right, could you recheck, please?