TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I just bought a 55 inch 4k tv and I have hooked it up via

Customer Question
hdmi to my playstation 3...
I just bought a 55 inch 4k tv and I have hooked it up via hdmi to my playstation 3. it seems to read dvd's fine, but will not read bluray discs of any kind
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: it is a 5000 series 55pfl5601 and i have tried the basic steps
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes, the menu works just fine, and i have tried all 3 hdmi ports on the television
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just brought the tv home today, this is the first thing I've tried to do with it since setting it up
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all I know, everything was working fine this morning with the ps3 and my previous tv
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
12/10/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Can I have the model number please of the blu-ray player?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sony Playstation 3 CECH-2501A

Or are you using PS3 for blu-ray?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am using my PS3 as a bluray player

OK and you play a blu-ray and set wont work that way, OK just give me a min please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when I put the disc in it reads, the icon comes up in the upper right corner like normal, then the screen goes black and says "no signal"

Yes that is odd seemingly the TV is not recognising the format it may be that its in the wrong resolution however before getting involved have you tried the PS3 on another TV just to eliminate IT as the cause?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was using it before on a 6 year old vizio 32 inch lcd this morning I was watching a bluray and had no problems

Sorry I will opt out here I suspect a resolution issue but am not that familiar with PS3

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks for your time
Louie, Technician