Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Not coming on, LN40A330J1DXZA, Doesnt come on, I havent

Customer Question

Not coming on
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: LN40A330J1DXZA
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Doesnt come on
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I havent bothered it for months after i had an issue with trying to get it to cut off then couldn't get it back on
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i just need it fixed
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me and without my knowledge but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ready
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Prior to storing the tv for months ,

Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over a few days/weeks ?
Like it would take longer than usual or repeated attempts before it would turn on ?

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Never mind the last questions , reread your opening post and I know what this is ;

I`ll start by saying that this serie of Samsung had serious problems with its power supply circuit capacitors and so much so that Samsung used to repair them free of charge up to 2012 .

There are plenty of capacitors kits available for this on the market but this means using a solder iron to remove and replace those caps.

The easy way for you to repair this would be to replace the whole board either part number BN-004497B/BN-004497B or BN-004497A/BN-004498A/BN-004499A

The correct number would have to be read directly on your power board

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 40" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $250 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you