hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

I have a motorhome. The manufacturer installed one coaxial

Customer Question

I have a motorhome. The manufacturer installed one coaxial cable to each TV location feed from an antennae/cable splitter/amplifier. I had a DISH satellite system installed which used the existing coaxial cables to feed the receivers. Now I have lost the ability to use over the air and or cable since there is no way to get a second coaxial cable to the locations of the TV's. The manufacturer suggested that I use a wireless AV transmitter and receiver, I purchased a SIGNSTEX PAT-630, 5.8 GHz system. It will do the job if I use it for the satellite system( but you would have to watch the same thing on all three TV) but there is no way to input from the splitter/amplifier to the transmitter, it uses yellow-white-red RCA cables only. Satellite box, cable boxes etc use the AV inputs not coaxial inputs. Is there a product that I could use that would allow me to transmit the TV/Cable signal via a coaxial input, wirelessly?
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 10 months ago.

Hello there please check to see if the Dish system uses a multiswitch which will allow both the satellite and cable to use the same cables that are feeding your TVs. You plug the signal from the Dish and antennas into the multiswitch.

​You will need to install a diplexer at each TV point to separate the signals. One to the Dish receiver input and the other to the antenna input on the receiver/TV. If the receivers provide power to the Dish then you will need a power passing diplexer.

​Also the Dish will need power so make sure that is taken into account.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I found out that my Dish VIP 222K dual receiver has an coaxial input for antenna/cable and then in the setup section you can go to local channels and pick up whatever is coming in the antenna input, so that should solve the outside TV since it is connected to the VIP222K. The other TV is connected to a single receiver, a VP211Z and it does not have an antenna input so my problem still exists for that one. Apparently Dish has an over the air module which can be hooked to that receiver but it still has to have a feed from the splitter/cable/amplifier. Your comments might work but I guess I would need an actual technician from dish to add the multiswitch and diplexer to use that single line. Thanks

Thank you for the reply.

​Your problem still exists with feeding the 222K receivers coax input since you only have one coax to each receiver. My multiswitch suggestion will solve that problem in that you can use the same Dish coax to feed a diplexer and the two outputs from the diplexer can feed the receiver LNB input and antenna input.

​As far as your 211Z is concerned, I would feed that TV's antenna input using the coax from the diplexer and the red yellow white or HDMI cable from the 211Z to the TV as shown below.

Please kindly rate my service if I have helped you today so that I can get paid for my time