Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My Vizio TV has great visual but no audio. Model number is

Customer Question

My Vizio TV has great visual but no audio. Model number is *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please re-boot any satellite or cable box you may be using by unplugging the box from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again, it will be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time.

We find software glitches within the box can cause this

Let me know how this works out, if it works out good would you please rate the answer positively by using the rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post

Any issues let me know please

Thanks again

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have not internet or cable service

What do you have connected to the set?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
DVD And VHS player

Have you rebooted the player then?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, disconnecting now both units, will contact you in about 10 mins

OK thanks let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Both are connected. Let me know when to turn on

Switch on both now please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still no audio

What leads are you using here from the player to the TV?are they RCA leads (usually colored red\green\blue or red\white\yellow)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also may have made double for this session, please return 2nd payment. Using red, white and yellow

Yes you opened two questions I think I closed one I will let admin know later

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Must run some errands. Will contact when back in.

OK I do not know if the problem is the TV or the player do you have another input to try ?

OK

Do you need anymore help please?

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have disconnected unit since last conversation. Let's go to basics. Instruct on proper line connection between player and TV

OK let me explain......the problem could be either the dvd\vhs player OR the TV now there is no way of knowing which (without an oscilloscope) unless you have another input to try like another dvd player or similar, we carry a DVD player in the van for this very scenario of isolating one from the other, there really is no other way unless you have and can use an oscilloscope, once I know which it is ....(no signal from the box through the red\white leads OR no sound amplification from the sets amplifier or signal processing)..... we are at an impasse.

Anthony

So you need to connect up a KNOWN working input like another DVD player or similar then we know what is happening with either the set or YOUR player

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
K, think there is another DVD player somewhere must dig it out. Back soon

OK sorry for the hassle its just the way it is for this check, most times people lose sound from satellite or cable boxes and have another input on most occasions, I understand you just use for this player but its the same game

Let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sending pictures of the TV

Havethe leads been changed or moved at all?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All disconnected

OK you have 6 leads in there are they ALL coming from the DVD\VHS player??if so take photos of each set of leads and where they come from the player indicating which goes where

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I hate doing this but it appears that we reached the same conclusion, I must get new units. With family issues I can't endorse positive results. Please inform refund department. I would appreciate full refund. Again, apologies.

Its because you are not suoplying the correct information needed so I can help, dont worry I dont want to go any further anyhow goodday