Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 45-50" Vizio 1088 HD tv that is about 20 months

Customer Question

I have a 45-50" Vizio 1088 HD tv that is about 20 months old. The other day the screen said no signal so I turned it off and rebooted the box. When it reset the TV would not come back on. I assumed it was the xfinity box so I got a new one hooked it up waited for it to power up then tried to start the TV with the little on off switch on the back to pair the remote and the TV will still not turn on. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with the TV that needs to be addressed. It seems fairly new to have major problems.
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: I'll check
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can not find any make or model on the back The remote came with the Xfinity box voice controlled DVR
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: box upstairs works fine. The TV will not even turn on to see a menu
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Serial # is LTYWRALAQ4352719
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is the TV in question, please?

Does it have any company logo on the front?

Have you checked as to whether the power cord might be plugged in to a different power source, or directly into the outlet if it is plugged into a surge protector, etc.?

(Pardon me for misreading your question - it's a Vizio TV that has the problem, and it is about 20 months old, I understand.)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Visio logo on lower right. Plug works I checked it

OK. Good so far.

Did you try the power cord from the Vizio TV, in a different outlet? or directly into an outlet?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's directly in an outlet. The box was plugged in that outlet and worked so I swapped the and box wired in both outlets so plug is hot

The plug is hot? I presume you mean that it has voltage, not that it has heated up.

Did you buy an extended service plan, or extended warranty, with your Vizio TV?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Live not warm. No extended warranty. Visio was rated high figured it would last more than 20 months

It should have.

When you turn it On, does any light show, indicator light etc. ?

And, have you tried turning it On using the Power button on the TV itself not the remote (And yes, I'm aware that some modern Vizio TV models don't have any power button, and are dependent on their remote controls entirely.)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tried the switch on the back and nothing

Then I'm sorry to say that in my opinion the TV has had a severe malfunction, and will need repair (or replacement.)

But - I suspect that another Expert might be able to offer some more hope for the case. So I have Opted Out of the case, to give you a chance at such a second opinion from another Expert, at no additional charge to you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you connect me to him
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

My name is ***** ***** is there any Vizio light lit or blinking on the front of the set?if lit solid what color is it please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No light nothing comes on