TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Went to turn on my tv this morning, came on briefly then

Customer Question
went back out. Power...
Went to turn on my tv this morning, came on briefly then went back out. Power button is flashing white.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Sharp Quattro, no problem till this morning.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Screen is black no picture
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Tv was off all night
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/30/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

I will need the full model number found on the back of the set?can you get that for me please?

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am in middle of a breathing treatment

No that is the serial number its the model number I need should begin LC-***** Let me know when you can no rush

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
LC52LE810UN

OK next important thing is the blinking now it should be blinking long and short blinks like 4 long 2 short as an example , can you let me know what this is please

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1 long 1 short

OK have you rebooted?unplugged from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again?if not please do that let me know the results

Also let meknow the age of the set thanks

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still same flashing pattern
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Over 2 years old
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?

Let me tell you some dismal news about this issue :(

Its bad backlights , these are the lamps that illuminate the display the 1 long 1 short blink code indicates lamp errors, now there are some outfits who fix this but it wont be cheap probably over $300. www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area you may need to ring around as many will just tell you it cant be fixed for this issue.

Above all and as the set is only 2 years old you must complain to Sharp who may help you with it (assuming its out of warranty)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, thanks

Look under contacts at the site

I am sorry about this I wish I had better news this issue is not new with sharp they have had lots of problems with backlighing for their sets for years

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

I understand this is something you dont want to hear however if I am to receive anything from this site I do need you to rate the info at least 3 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you if I am left unrated the site send me nothing once again sorry for bad news here

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician