Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a un55hu8700 and it will not play 4K. My player is

Customer Question

I have a un55hu8700 and it will not play 4K. My player is saying I do not have a 4K TV.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung UN55HU8700F
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have tried from my 4K DVD player and from my USB player that has 4K
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just bought the 4K DVD player, but the USB was having problems I just thought it was the USB
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Upon completion of our chat, you will be asked to rate my service. Please understand that this is the only way I am ever compensated by this site. Please do not rate me until you are completely satisfied. It is in my best interest to completely fix your issue so that I may be compensated.

Ok. Please give me a few minutes to research this. I'll be right back.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Ok, let's deal with the 4K DVD player. Can you give me the make and model of that one? Do you have 4K/UHD Blu Rays or are you playing regular BluRays or DVDs?