Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I can not update the system. I get the message each time I

Customer Question

I can not update the system. I get the message each time I turn on the set, but can't scroll over to update now. Also I can not access AMAZON and the other apps at the bottom of the screen. It worked when we first the set but about two weeks ago stopped.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Samsung UN48JU6400. Turning it on it not the issue, updating the software is the problem.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can change channels, lower and raise volume, record and watch recorded shows.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: One day it was working next day not, it has been an issue for a couple of weeks
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that covers it
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

If you leave the TV powered on in standby mode overnight then the updates should install automatically.

If the updates do not install automatically then you can download the latest updates from the Samsung website and install them manually.

The update file and full instructions can be found at: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN48JU6400FXZA

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please unenroll me in your service. I no longer wish to use it
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Ok, please submit a eating for my service to finish up.

Thanks!

Pete.