Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My daughter gave me a vizio flat tv 5o inches [ model

Customer Question

my daughter gave me a vizio flat tv 5o inches [ model e50-ci] as a gift nothing is wrong with tv but the remote control is very cheap IS HARD TO SEE THE CONTROL BUTTONS I JUST WONDERING HOW COME A COMPANY LIKE VIZIO TO MAKE SUCH CHEAP REMOTE CONTROLS THANK YOU CHRIS
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: IS 2015 THE MODEL AGAIN E50-C1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: NO PROBLEMS WITH ANYTHING
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: WAS BRAD NEW AND WAS GIVEN TO ME 9 MONTHS EGO
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately Chris this extends to the entire tv as well. Vizio is one of the lower quality brands on the market, all of their components including the remote and the tv itself are made from the cheapest parts possible. They are built for a low price point, not for quality or reliability. I can help you find a better quality replacement remote that would be easier to see, if you'd like though.

What other devices do you use with the tv (cable/satellite, dvd, etc)?

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.