Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

When I use zoom to fill screen, I can't read tv guide,

Customer Question

when I use zoom to fill screen, I can't read tv guide
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Insignia, 32 in 4 years old it is a HD tv
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried all different aspect, ratios, etc channel provider is ATT U-Verse
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is the problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
tv is on wall, can't get at model number
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

O.k then which remote do you use when you zoom in ?

Is it the TV's remote ?

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

look on the cable box remote for a button that may be called something like ; zoom, size, format, aspect , HDzoom etc. , often has a pound (#) symbol on it or a star and sits below the digits 7 or 9 , try to press that button repeatedly to toggle between the different aspect ratio`s.
Between the 2 remotes (tv and cable box)you should be able to find the correct aspect ratio /format.

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Look in your TV's menu under picture and perhaps "advanced settings" you should see something in there about the aspect ratio , that and the cable box remote will fix this problem