Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Tv screen darkens at the top and flashes clear and darkens

Customer Question

tv screen darkens at the top and flashes clear and darkens left top corner much warmer than the rest of the tv
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: tv on file under owner ron leoni alexandria va. bought at hh gregg
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: on all channels flashing dark and clear bottom third of screen not affected
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: reported the problem over 30 days ago
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no sound is fine it is just the flashing dark problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions.;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .