Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a pioneer elite Kuro FD 111 and it is shutting off

Customer Question

I have a pioneer elite Kuro FD 111 and it is shutting off after 10 mins. It has 14 blue flashing lights.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Almost 10 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu does work. I can turn it on and it does display content
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just happened today.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have had it service about 8 years ago about another problem when it was still under warranty. It was a part that went out and was easily replaced.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here.

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm here and read your post
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Can you get the actual model number off the back of the tv please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pioneer Elite Pro-110FD
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

The tv turns on and runs with picture and sound for 10 minutes before shutting off?

After it shuts off the LED blinks blue, can you double check the exact number of blinks?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It blinks 14 times.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

I am looking at the service documents and there is no 14 blinks.

But there is 13 or 15 blinks. Both of these require replacing a board in the tv that is VERY VERY hard to find and extremely expensive due to availability. If you are trying to perform a DIY repair, taking a chance on that board if you do actually have 14 blinks would be unwise. I would highly recommend you at least re-count the blinks, or hire a local repair shop to perform actual diagnosis/repair.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've counted it many times, I still get 14 blinks unless you don't count the first or the last. Can you please let me know the board that I would need and an estimated cost? I wouldn't do it myself but would like to know a rough estimate just incase its cheaper to go with a new TV.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Are you sure it's not 12 blinks which is very common? There is actually a very reasonable service for 12 blink symptom.

I see what I can find for the 13 or 15 blinks, but since 14 is not even listed as a valid code..... not sure what good it will do to look it up. understand?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nope, 14 blinks. I counted again. I've found this thread which may help?
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/2588073-pioneer-kuro-pro-110fd-blinking-codes.html
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Looks like the board for 13 or 15 can be purchased for only $100 now (refurbished)!

I cannot speculate on 14 blinks, does not exist in the official Pioneer Service Documents.

Repairs will likely be $350-$450.

Usually in home diagnosis is $99 up front.

Being 10 years old, the display panel itself may have only a few more good years left. In my opinion, I myself would not spend $400 on this tv given the low prices on new tv's.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?