TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have two Sony Vega models KLV S23A10 and KLV S19A10. I…

Customer Question
Hi, I have two...

Hi, I have two Sony Vega models KLV S23A10 and KLV S19A10. I tried several antennas and none work. The only thing I can see are shadows on channel 40. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Hi Pearl, The models are the one on the first line and they are quite old (8 years)

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I apologize, what do you mean by menu? The WEGA GATE?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was upset with Comcast, but is the only option in my area. So I switched to Apple TV and wanted an antenna for the basic channels for news. This was 4 month ago. So as far as the problem, since the beginning. I was never able to connect an antenna

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

I thought you were the expert, please connect me

Technician's Assistant: Thank you.

OK, now what is happening?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi I am ready

Be with you shortly

By the look of it there is a very good reason you are not getting anything

This tv cannot receive digital OTA (over the air) channel on its own

You will need a digital to analog converter such as what you can see at the link below;

https://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Multi-Function-Converter-Recording-Playback/dp/B00GOILYB6

Note the other models on that page as well

This unit comes with its own remote and would connect your antenna and tv to tune in the digital channels , it even records

It will connect BETWEEN your antenna and tv