TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I was trying to fix my settings on my new Philips

Customer Question
55PFL5601/F7 and lost my Dish...
I was trying to fix my settings on my new Philips 55PFL5601/F7 and lost my Dish Satellite TV. I don't know what I did wrong and have a message that states Channel not available.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/27/2016
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 1 year ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. Can you tell me how your Dish receiver is connected to your TV please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please call me on this number.

My apologies, but I am unable to contact you by phone at this time.

If you can tell me what type of cable is connecting your Dish receiver to your TV, I can guide you to choosing the right input on the TV.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dan, I just saw your reply. A coaxial cable.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dan, Are you there?

Okay. Have you turned your TV to either channel 3 or 4?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When we first set it up.

Is it on one of those channels now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why can't we talk on the phone, Dan? I was asssured you would call me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It WAS on the right channel. We were watching TV.

Sorry but I am not setup for phone calls.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do we do now?

Did you install the Dish yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO! It has been installed for 10 years.

What channel is the TV on now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no picture. There is no way to tell.

Press 03 on the remote and see what happens. If that doesn't produce anything, try 04.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
04 with the "0"? Or without?

Either way.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing happened either way.

Give me a minute please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I get someone to talk to, Dan. I was told I could talk to someone.

I will opt out and open your question to another tech that can call you. Good luck!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
24 hours is not acceptable time. I was told I would talk to someone right away.
Louie, Technician