TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

TRYING TO CONECT A PANASONIC AV CONTROL RECEIVER #SA-HTO5

THROUGH A LG SMART TV JA...
TRYING TO CONECT A PANASONIC AV CONTROL RECEIVER #SA-HTO5 THROUGH A LG SMART TV
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: SA-HTO5 AND DON'T KNOW THE AGE
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: JUST TRYING TO INSTALL
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: SYSTEN WORKS JUST TRYING TO GO THROUGH TV
11/26/2016
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...LG SMART TV..."

MODEL # 43UF6430-UB

Is the TV directly connected to ana ntenna or cable feed? ...or is there a cable box used with it?

Additionally, please describe how the SA-HT05 is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

TV IS CONNECTED THROUGH HDMI FROM DIRECT TV AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO HOOK UP THE RECEIVER??
i HAVE ALL SORTS OF CABLES

To my understanding, the 43UF6430 does not have analog audio output that can be directly connected to the SA-HT05's RCA jacks.

As an alternative, does the DirecTV receiver have a pair of red & white RCA jacks labeled as R & L AUDIO OUT ?

Appreciate the additional information.

Would you consider / can you please try connecting the DirecTV receiver's red & white RCA jacks / R & L AUDIO OUT to the Panasonic's red & white RCA jacks marked as CD IN or even TV IN using a pair of RCA-to-RCA cables ?

WILL DO-BE BACK SHORTLY

Yes please.

CABLES NOT LONG ENOUGH==HAVE SEVERAL--DO THE MAKE A CONNECTOR OR DO =I NEED TO FIND LONGER ONES??

If available, a coupler may be used to extend. Please click / tap HERE.

Or use a longer RCA-to-RCA cable similar to the product HERE.

ORDERED THE CONNECTORS

Great!

Glad that the above information served your purpose.

This would be the simplest and fail proof connection method.

I WILL BE BACK WITH THE RESULTS BUT YOUR ADVICE MAKES SINCE--THANKS LOUIE

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to share the information.

Louie, Technician
Louie, Technician