TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My remote for magnavox will not work have changed batteried

Customer Question
my remote for magnavox will...
my remote for magnavox will not work have changed batteried and still nothing
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: magnavox about 2 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: no trouble shooting Have used the remote for the cable instead of tv remote
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to hook up Apple TV
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/26/2016
TV Technician: Jason Jones, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Customer Service

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I see that you are wanting to hook up your Apple TV. May I ask what that means?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Apple tv is a like a cable box you can get netflix and regular tv without cable company. I need to change my Tv Source code and can not because remote is not working Maybe I should buy a new remote. The apple TV box comes with its own remote
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you there

Thank you for the clarification. Unless you have the remote that came with the TV when you purchased it, you may not be able to use the remote to change inputs. May I ask for the full brand and model name of your TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MAGNAVOX led hdmi

Thank you. Magnavox is the brand name. LED is the type of screen that is on the TV. HDMI is a type of video input.

May I ask for the model name?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MODEL #32me303v/f7a MANUFACTURED DECEMBER 2013 tHAT IS ALL THE INFOR i HAVE

Thank you for the update. On the actual TV, please look at the buttons on it. Do you see a button that says, "Input"? If so, press that button and choose the correct video input for the Apple TV box. Did that work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I HAVE 4 CHOICES TV HDMI 1 HDMI2 AND pc

Thank you. ***** 1, first. If that isn't the Apple TV, choose HDMI 2.

Once you are able to do that, please update me with the status of your issue. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
IT DID NO GOOD
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tHIS IS NOT WORKING

Into which HDMI port is the Apple TV plugged?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HDMI 1

Choose HDMI 1 again. Verify that the box is securely plugged into the port and turn it on. What is seen on the display when you do this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i THINK i WILL CALL aPPLE BECAUSE NOW i CAN NOT GET MY iPHONE TO DOWNLOAD mY WIFI SETTINGSA

I can help you with that problem too, if you wish.

Louie, Technician