Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The HDMI ports have stopped working, Panasonic Viera, Only

Customer Question

The HDMI ports have stopped working
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: Panasonic Viera
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Only HDMI ports
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Lost two and now the third one has gone bad. Each time seems like the TV is left on with out changing channels for extended amount of time. Did not happen till we got Comcast
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Hdmi loss is a very common issue with modern TVs, there is however a procedure to follow and that procedure is this

1) Un-plug the set from wallpower wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again re-check if HDMI has returned

2)Reset the TV to factory\shipping default in the settings menu (if there is a facility in the settings some sets have this some do not)

3)Go to the website of the manufacturer of the set in your case Panasonic and go to support for your model look to see if there is any firmware upgrade and if your firmware is up to date if not upgrade the firmware according to the guide that will be with the firmware at the site (assuming there is a download for firmware there may not be)

4)If all bases covered above that will mean a main-board replacement, please come back here if you have exhausted 1 to 3 above and we will discuss replacing the main-board thanks

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, please note question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

If this is something (replacing the main-board) you think you are not comfortable with (its fairly easy a plug in board) then you will need a technician www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?have you got through 1 to 3?

Anthony

If you need detailed info on replacing the main-board please come back here there are some pitfalls to avoid I also will need the model number found on the back of the set thanks

By the wy if you see any pop up messages for a phone call this is sent by the site not me, I am not available by phone question will go to a board and another tech may take this up if he thinks its viable by phone otherwise just ignore the message thanks

You are viewing my replies but not replying back are you having difficulties with the site?

Anthony

Please understand this format of questions and answers is a good faith one the good faith comes from yourself when you get a satisfactory answer, that good faith is then conveyed by yourself when you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars thank you,the site will only then release credit to me, please note the question does not close and remains open for 30 days, thanks again.

Anthony