Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a jvc 61-g887aa and the lamp and power light keeps

I have a jvc 61-g887aa and the lamp and power light keeps flashing and doesn't power on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your JVC is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: A friend gave me the tv so idk
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing shows up on the screen so i can't say it does or doesn't
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It would take the tv 30 to 40 secs to power on
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm ready
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't want to call...can you help me please

Sorry about that , be with you shortly

Are you into component level /solder repair ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I'm just a woman with a tv that doesn't work

Sorry this took a while , one of my previous post got me locked

With you now

About those blinking lights , do they blink at the same time or alternately ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
At first the power light stays blue and the lamp light flashes on and off for abt 30 secs then they both blink simultaneously

O.k then give me a minute to type this down please

O.k then this is quite simple really , you need a new lamp part #TS-CL110UAA

Here is a supplier , click here >>> CLICK ME <<<

And another one ; https://www.amazon.com/JVC-TS-CL110UAA-Assembly-Original-Philips/dp/B00FA15NY2/ref=pd_lpo_23_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CNPHMDNJ32F6FSJ7XXZB

Here is the manual for this tv and on page 77 and on the procedure to replace the lamp , you only need a screwdriver and this is made to be replaced by the user ; http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/00/00/91/LCT2063-001D-A.pdf

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help with that lamp.
Thank you

By the way , there are cheaper lamps on that amazon page but you are taking a chance that it may fail again in 3 or 4 months

If you going to try a cheaper one though then try this one here CLICK HERE , at least it has 150 days warranty

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that