TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have been recording to HDD via USB successfully. However

Customer Question
now, whilst the red (recording)...
I have been recording to HDD via USB successfully. However now, whilst the red (recording) light shows, it will no longer record.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: KD49X8000C purchased 4/4/2016
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Been happening for about 3 weeks. Have tried re-booting tv, recording directly and through timer. and have unplugged and re-plugged the HDD
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/25/2016
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual unit, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the recorder, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

There is no seperate recorder. The tv records directly onto a portable HDD via USB.
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 12 months ago

ok, if you use a different USB HDD, does it then record onto this?

my tv has an inbuilt recording device, with little storage capacity. Therefore (upon their recommendation) i have attached a portable hard drive which connects to the tv via USB.
this has worked well for many months, but is now refusing to record.

yes I saw, what I need to know please is if you use a different USB HDD, does it then record onto this?

I can see what you mean to prove. I will obtain another hard drive tomorrow and try that, then get back to you.

thank you

Hi Richard,
I've tried a new hard drive and new USB cable. Still won't record!
Richard, I've fixed the problem. I contacted Sony who talked me through it. I had to reset the TV's factory settings. Many thanks for your help. Phil
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago

ok, that was the next step Phil

Great it is now up and running, If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician