TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 65 inch rca tv. i turned it on and there was no picture

Customer Question
my 65 inch rca tv...
my 65 inch rca tv . i turned it on and there was no picture but it did have sound. i turned it off then back on again and the sound was gone and i still had no picyure. when i turn it on, it does flash for a split second, then nothing. any ideas?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: LED65G55-0602294
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: same problem on all
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it happened 3 days ago. i just turned it on and it happened.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: TV
11/25/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 12 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

I am ready to proceed

So the tv still turns on/off (responds to remote) but no sound ,no picture ,is that it ?

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .

completely dark there is a flash of light on t of the screen when first turned on. but thats it.he bottom right

Here is something for you to try ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.

let me know how that goes and while it is unplugged , can you lookup the tv`s serial number ?

serial number is *****

Could it possibly be 4534 instead of 4504 ?

definitely a 4504. procedure did not work

Ok then as I said , I did not expect much out of it but it had to be tried

Although this would first look like a power supply circuit problem these rca suffers from main board problems as well and this certainly fits the bill.

There would be some testing with voltmeter to be done to check that .

Reason for asking the serail number is ***** there are quite a few versions of main board for this tv and it is serial number specific but this one is not listed so your main board part number would have to be matched with one of those at the link below;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&q=LED65G55

If you are into this use that link to match and replace your main board .

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Any questions on this ?

Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician