TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Lg 55 smart picture fuzzy half screen, no it has not

Customer Question
lg 55 smart picture fuzzy...
lg 55 smart picture fuzzy half screen white
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: no it has not happened before did not unplug
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works just the tv
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: were away for 2 weeks tv was off no power back 1 day
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ready

Hello

If you open the TV's own menu , does it show up normal or is also affected by this ?

Is it a straight cut exactly down the middle or gradually gets fuzzy towards the other side ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still the same when menu is open white on top fuzzy the rest half

O.k so this is top/bottom ??

Not left/right ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
top /bottom

O.k then this is not good i`m afraid

Give me a couple of minutes to type this down

Thanks for waiting

This is a LCD tv and i`m afraid that there is only one possible cause for a problem like this and that is a defective LCD panel .
Anytime you have horizontal lines , shadows , distortion (fuzz) or blobs /spots etc. on a lcd tv and it shows over anything on the screen including the menu then it is a sure sign of a defective panel.
As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money

Wish i had better news and an easy solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer with the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT so i get compensated for my time and note that you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you jack

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician