TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have suddenlink cable and it is working fine. My tv is a

Customer Question
Hitachi HD1080. It show no...
I have suddenlink cable and it is working fine. My tv is a Hitachi HD1080. It show no sync signal. I have not idea how to get the picture back on the tv or no what input is. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/21/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, In order to know what to do we need the following info:

1) Model Number off the back of the TV.

2) Follow the cable that connects your cable BOX to the TV and look at where it plugs in on the set. It will be labeled (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.). Tell me where the cable plugs in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Air/Box

I'm sorry, what?

I need the full model number off of the back of the TV first. Can you get that?

I'm not available by phone. Please reply back to the entire info request above.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P50T501
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Air Cable

Thanks, ***** ***** look now.

Using the Input button on the TV, select "Air/Cable". Let me know if you get stuck, and also what you see on your screen if able to select Air/Cable.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no air cable just cable or cable(STB)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
have other input but not air cable

According to your TV manual it will be labeled Air/Cable. Maybe someone labeled the inputs on your set. Anyhow, try selecting cable, and then STB one at a time. Let me know what you see on the scree in each case.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is on cable stb do I need to push anything to set it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I put it on both nothing happened
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Came back to no sync.Signal

Elaborate on "nothing". Did the screen actually show Cable or Cable/STB?

Does your Cable remote have a button labeled "Source" or "Input" on it please? Also is that remote programmed to operate the TV (Power and Volume)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
input the remote is broke that goes to the cable box

Then how do you change channels? So you have no remote at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on the tv

If you're using a cable box then you can't change channels on the TV. This does not make sense. Are you actually using a Cable Box?

Are you still with me here? Do you actually have a cable box, yes or no?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry I lost you. The cable box is on

Sorry none of this lines up. I will opt out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what does select mean on the cable box?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I turned my tv on this morning it was fine. hit the wrong button the tv to turn it off.
Now my tv show no sync. signal. My remote is getting replaced. Can I get my tv on without the remote?
TV Technician: Master Fix It, Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Phone call session started

Hi, I tried to call but got no answer, please let me know the best time to reach you so I can help.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Louie, Technician