Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Been trying for over a year to enable my tv/theater to

Customer Question

been trying for over a year to enable my tv/theater to stream movies etc. They tell me to register my Sony product and I never get the return information from Sony. They always ask for my password ***** I do not remember and then they tell me they will send a password ***** up to my email! I am really frustrated as I have not been able to use my netflix or Amazon Prime.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Sony-50 inch and has a Bravia home theater hooked up to it. I cannot find the paperwork but I think it was around 2012. In addition Sony has my email and will not allow me to reregister it because I use the wrong password. They do not send me the email to adjust my password
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue for over a year-do not know when it popped up but I was just given Amazon Prime for my birthday and it resurfaced. Is there any way to get into Sony registration to obtain this info
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Can you give me the model number of the tv and theater system?