Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have no picture, but have sound. Images are on tv, but can

Customer Question

I have no picture, but have sound. Images are on tv, but can only be seen with a flash light.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Samsung LN55C630K1F. Picture went out while watching tv.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: You can only see the menu options when you hold a flashlight to the TV. Yes it is a problem on all inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Issue was we were watching TV, heard a pop tv goes black but we still had sound.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We checked the volts to the powerboard and the standby power board.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are notfrom me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to takeup, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise ifyou do not want it please ignore it thanks.

A few requests for information coming now ….…..

If you heard a pop its likely that is the back-lights themselves that have gone bad here, that is an awkward job to do and will mean complete dis-assembly of the set, I would not advise you to take this work on yourself however if you did you may find www.shopjimmy.com will supply the backlights, many techs do not perform this work however some do and you would need to ring around for prices, www.tvrepairpros.com will locate atech in your area, let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the sitethank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

Anthony

My judgement on this and because you heard a pop would indicate one of the ccfl backlights has gone bad that unfortunately is a no go due to costs I am sorry about that however for this info I do need to be rated positively so I receive a credit from the site no rating =no credit, if you have further questions about this please put them forwards thank you

Anthony