Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I tried using my 3d disc and the player says i dont have a

Customer Question

i tried using my 3d disc and the player says i dont have a tv with 3d but i always watch 3d on it.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model code un55d8000yfxza
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: bought it in 2011
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: tv menu works
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Please unplug TV and Bluray player power cords from power outlet, reconnect HDMI cable between both units to refresh the connections, now replug power cords back in, turn them On, playback 3D disc in bluray and check.

Does TV show 3D image now?

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This was done before i contacted you. It did not work. I think its the television. I tried different 3d discs on it and they all say the same thing they cannot locate a receiving TV with 3d. My tv has 3d and it worked for 5 years until now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Sorry about delayed reply, I was away from computer.

Have you tried another HDMI cable between TV and Bluray player?

If problem persist then main board of TV has got internal failure and causing the problem because there is no setting to enable 3D vision as its done automatically when playback 3D disc and player check the TV for 3D compatibility as first thing.

I would recommend to verify the 3D player on another 3D compatible TV to make sure the problem isn't with bluray player. Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.