TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have an Hitachi LCD TV, and I accidently reset it to the

Customer Question
display setting so now there's...
I have an Hitachi LCD TV, and I accidently reset it to the display setting so now there's a menu that keeps popping up on the bottom of the screen every few seconds, that I can't get to go away. But I don't have the original remote anymore, and the universal remote I bought isn't getting it done. Is there any other way I can go about getting this off of my screen?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/18/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Hello Kelly,

If you go into the menu and choose the factory reset (restore defaults) function, that will clear everything back to the initial settings.

It should then prompt you through the initial setup steps again (date/time, language, etc) and among those is a Use Mode or Location setting, where you'll choose HOME use (as opposed to store/retail/demo mode). That should resolve the issue for you, but if you get stuck let me know and I'll try to guide you through.

It will be difficult without the proper remote, but you should be able to navigate the menus using the buttons on the tv itself.

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've tried doing that but nothing happens. The menu to just pops back up. There's an auto reset option that I tried but it won't let me access it. It just skips it and goes to the next option. It has the option to choose Auto Shut Off, then Auto Setup, then PC Standby. But when i scroll down it goes straight from Auto Shut Off to PC Standby. I'm pretty sure that's the option I need but I can't access it.

What is the exact display/menu item you’re seeing on the tv when the issue happens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It just popping up all the features that the TV has. ie. The 1080 p, Dolby digital, sleep timer, hdmi features etc...

That is exactly what I was describing, which is a demo mode. That is not the same as pc or standby, it is in the initial setup

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yea, there's only 2 options on the setup menu that reset anything. "Reset" and "Auto Reset" it won't let me choose Auto Reset, so I hit just the Reset button and nothing happens. It just flashes a post on the TV that just says Reset, then the Demo Menu still just keeps popping up.

Do you see anything there that says Initial Setup?

You can also try the auto setup again, if you can get into it, that should then give you the "epop" option which is where you disable the demo mode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No there's no initial set up anywhere. That's what I figured but, it physically won't let me hit auto. It just skips past that option entirely.

That is a remote limitation then, and the only way you'll be able to fully access the menu is with the factory remote. So you'll have to replace the original remote to proceed. You can order one here: http://amzn.to/2eOrmJM or http://www.ebay.com/p/Hitachi-Remote-Control-076R0TN011-for-L32a105-and-L40a105a/1803440352

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Even if I can't access it by doing it manually, with the buttons on the television?

Correct, this is more of a navigation function and the remote can access menu selections that the onboard buttons cannot

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Nathan, Installer