TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I get a no signal on my tv when try to use channel 3. How do

Customer Question
I restore my signal. I...
I get a no signal on my tv when try to use channel 3. How do I restore my signal. I get 3 digital channels, but not an analog channel when I do a Channel scan.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/17/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Offhand, TV's don't get set to Channel 3 these days in most cases. Instead you generally use the Sceptre remote to change the "Input" the TV is set on.

However, I need more info to solve this for you:

1) What is the full model number off of the back of the sceptre?

2) What is connected to the TV for broadcasts (Cable/SAT box, etc.)?

3) Were you watching the TV previously with no problem, and then this issue came up?

4) Roughly how old is the set?

Please reply back with these details and we can proceed.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The model is X32 The number is ***** Cable converter box. Set is one year old.

More on the cable converter box please. First, was it working before Yes or No?

Secondly, please tell me how exactly the cable box is connected to the TV. There are several methods. Is it a single coaxial cable from the box to the TV? Or an HDMI cable? Or multi-colored RCA type cables? Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The converter box was working before this happened. This is a coaxial connection.

Okay, the TV does not need to be scanned. All your channels are processed in the converter box, so changing the TV channel is moot. Set the TV to whatever channel is giving you a clear picture from the converter box, and then reboot the converter box by pulling it's power cord from the wall for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once it reboots, use the CONVERTER BOX remote (not the TV remote) and try to change channels. Let me know what happens.

If that still does not work, then please let me know the Brand and Model of the converter box and also how old the box is.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I rebooted the conveter box, but how do I get Channel 3

Use the original TV remote and use the Ch Up buttons until you see a clear picture. Then you use the converter remote to change channels. Let me know what happens.

Are you having any luck?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing.Nothing.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm getting nowhere fast. How do I get a signal on Channel 3 using my tv remote.?
Aric, Technician