Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

It just stopped working all of a sudden, Un58h5202af Its a

Customer Question

It just stopped working all of a sudden
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Un58h5202af Its a samsung smart tv
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No it just wont turn on
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing It just happened this morning
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yeah the red light at the bottom isn't on
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

Replacement should be a serious consideration as well, if you are past the warranty period - y ou can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $500 range.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,