Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The screen is -ish, I can still see the picture somewhat but

Customer Question

The screen is white-ish, I can still see the picture somewhat but it has a white "fog" over it. The sound is good. I was going to recycle it but no one recycles televisions anymore.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Samsung LN40A550P3F and was manufactured in 2009.Don't need to guess, it's on the TV!
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This happened in January of this year, have not had the tv plugged in since then. It was working fine one day, and the next it wasn't.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, not that I can think of.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

The described symptom almost always is an internal hardware issue.
Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, a multi-meter may be needed (and even perhaps a soldering iron).
Equally important, would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry ? ...in some instances LIVE ?

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.