Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My Sharp HD TV will not hold a full color spectrum but will

Customer Question

My Sharp HD TV will not hold a full color spectrum but will bounce back and forth from full to dull yellow, greenish ugly color,
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's probably between 10-15 years old, was given to me by my daughter after they got a new one. The only thing I see on there is Energy Star.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: That's the problem. I do not have the set-up remote. I'm wondering if there is any way to get that if I have a serial number. Also, could it be my cable box?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been going on for a month. It first happened when I came back from a vacation and I know of nothing out of the ordinary that happened,
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you very much,
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sure
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Can you give me the model number of the tv, please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Lc-)0C52U
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Should be LC-60C52U
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for confirming,

and does this happen on other inputs besides cable, like dvd, games, apps?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Don't use any of those.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

So you have nothing else connected to the tv other than cable?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do have an old video player & DVD player also connected but haven't used them probably since last Christmas.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Could you please turn that on and test a dvd? This is an important part of the diagnostic process.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The video appears to have no color problem.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Great thank you for checking, that then indicates a cable box fault, which is very common.

Start by unplugging power to the cable box for 60+ seconds to reboot it, and let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That did not help but now you have helped me & I will get anew cable box. It's reassuring to know it's not the Tv & I thank you very much.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

You're very welcome. I agree contacting the cable co is the next step and they should replace the box for you.

If you still have trouble after that point, feel free to get back in touch and we can run through a few more things.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,