littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

Pioneer Pro 111fd, got into the intermittent 8-blink blue

Customer Question

Pioneer Pro 111fd, got into the intermittent 8-blink blue light thing, and would not work anymore. Checked on the web and found the youtube video describing the possible cause as the 3.4V-> 1.8V voltage regulator chip on the main board as the cause. Changed it, but long story short, that's not the problem. The input and output voltages on the regulator come up briefly, and then I hear the relays on the PS board click, the voltages go off, and the blue blinking light comes back. Just yesterday, the led code changed to 2 blinking red lights, and I saw a puff of smoke come up from one of the PS board components. That's where I'm at. At work now, but can work on it tonight.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Pro-111FD. I bought it in 2007 0r 2008.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing works now. It'll never turn on, just the blinking leds.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It came up about 2 months ago. It used to go away after turning off for a while. It just got progressively worse.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, I'm not at home right now, so I can't check the TV. It'd all be theoretical right now.
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Sometimes we don't have an expert for certain devices. In that case, you will get a full refund. Do you still need help with this? I'll continue searching if you haven't already found the answer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not need an answer anymore. I'd rather get a refund at this point.