TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Tv stops after on for a while. Lcd rear projection

Customer Question
tv stops after on for...
tv stops after on for a while.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: lcd rear projection ultravision hitachi
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just a few days. we just replace the bulb.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/15/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Sorry you're having problems, Are you able to get the model number off of the back of the Hitachi please?

Also, where did you purchase that Lamp from and for how much?

When the set "stops" please elaborate- it shuts down? The picture goes out?

I'm not available by phone. Please reply back to the info requested here on this page.

Are you able to get the model number off of the back of the Hitachi please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
model #55vf820
bought ?? 99.00
tv shuts down by it self. yes picture goes out.

Thank you. What I need to know is this:

1) When the picture goes out, does the sound continue?

2) Did the issue also happen BEFORE you replaced the Lamp/Bulb?

3) When you lose picture, do any lights on the TV come on or blink?

On #3, there are three lights on the right side of the TV- (Power, Temp and Lamp). I need to know specifically what each one of those is doing when you lose picture.

Do you need assistance with this?

Louie, Technician