Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My sony tv will not turn off maually or with remote.

Customer Question

JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: KDF-E50A10. Or KDF-E42A10 ? HD tv although I had to have a lamp replaced a year or so ago. Manual shows both #'s . cannot get to back of tv.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Remote works in all ways except off and on. If I unplug it, will it come back on if I re plug it?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: No problem before today, home from work-sick. Relaxing with tv low. Noticed I could not turn it off when I left my bedroom....
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a charge?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the tv technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: How much is "the rest"?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, When was the last time that you replaced the Lamp in the set?

Also what does the set do exactly when does not power up (power light lit or blinking, etc.)?