Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Samsung tv ...I pushed power button and nothing...little red

Customer Question

Samsung tv ...I pushed power button and nothing...little red light pauses, then back on, then off...etc
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: 5 or more years flat screen, and no, have not unplugged it for hours...just tried unplugging for a minute or so, then plugged back in and nothing...same red light on...off...on...etc.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Checking...
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just tonight...first time ever just a few minutes ago
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

A few requests for information coming now ….…..

Can you please first reboot the set by unplugging it from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again , let me know if there is any change please.

If its the same could you please get me the model number found on the back of the set thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing same tbing
If its the same could you please get me the model number found on the back of the set thank you Anthony
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, not able to get to th back of set at the moment...

Is it a plasma samsung or an LCD set please do you know?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Lcd

OK this is a bad mainboard , this board will need to be replaced is this something you think you can do yourself?please let me know I will provide all relevant info for that, please though consider replacing the set as its now exceeded its life expectancy, cost of board will be around $100 so let meknow which way you want to go, its not worth getting a tech involved due to costs.

Sorry its nothing easier.

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, please note question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Just to emphasize about the repair>>its a plug in board no setting up no soldering the board will however need to be ordered I will help with all that, I do understand this is not everyones comfort so that you would need to convey to me.

If you disagree about a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area but as I say that could be half the cost of a new set and at 5 years in my opinion that is not an option

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, can you email me tomorrow around th same time...just want to check wigh my wilf if she just wants me to repair it (which I am wuite confident I can do if you get me the parts and instructions), or ic she sould just rather I went and bought a new one...please do contact me tomorrow, however...thanks so much... David

David just come right back here when ready thanks

Anthony

David which way are you going with this please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not sure yet, bro...at a hogel from last night until next monday or tuesday...contact me then if you like? Would be appreciated...thx...

OK