Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Vizio Tv turns on but I have no sound or picture -only a

Customer Question

My Vizio Tv turns on but I have no sound or picture -only a black screen. I turned if off at 10;30 Friday night and when i turned it on Saturday morning I only had a black screenand nosound
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It show a manufacturing date on the back as Aug. 2010. It is model #E420VA, Serial #LTLPICAL3401366
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing works from the remote - I put new batteries in the remote but it did not help. None of the buttons does anything to the TV.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I watched the news and weather on Friday night and turned it off as usual but when I turned it on Saturday morning all I got was a black screen and no sound.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have 2 other TVs in the house and they both work fine so it isn't the Dish satallite I don't think.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. When you first turn the set ON, does your screen display the Vizio welcome "V"? If not, does the screen at least "backlight" - meaning light up slightly lighter than if the set were OFF?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Please review my reply and postback to proceed.