Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Can not get channels programmed. Does it have anything to do

Customer Question

Can not get channels programmed. Does it have anything to do with my antenna?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: Zenith H25D39Y, had time warner cable on & now I don't
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It woRKS on AUX ON TV, think I messed up the channels
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a remote for TV & converter box.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

- Was TV working fine with cable service and now doesn't find/ scan any local channels through antenna, is this correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming it, this TV has analog tuner and channel transmissions have been changed to digital format few years back that means no more analog broadcasting, this TV doesn't have digital tuner to receive current channel broadcasting that is why it doesn't show any channel through antenna.

Alternate option is to connect external tuner box (known as set top box or digital to analog TV converter box) to AUX input of TV, connect the antenna to external tuner box that has digital tuner to receive available local channels. Digital to analog TV converter box would be available in nearest store for $50 or so. I would recommend to invest that money on new replacement TV because LCD TV prices are low now and you can buy 32 inch new LCD TV with 12 months warranty for $100 plus.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.