Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony model KDL-55W802A with aJBL cinema SB100

Customer Question

I have a Sony model KDL-55W802A with aJBL cinema SB100 sounder. The sounder has quit having any sound. I have checked all the connections, and even hooked up the aux connection as well as the optical connection, and still no sound. Is it the TV our the sounder?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sony Bravia KDL-55W802A about 2-3 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works and I have a headset hooked up that works fine.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Been playing with this for about 6 weeks. I was working with the TV menu to have better audio to hear dialogue with movies. I contacted Sony and they had me reset to the factory settings, but no audio on the sounder
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just tried the aux analog to check the sounder, and no output from that either.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

You would need to verify the soundbar by connecting it with different audio source such as CD/DVD player etc, if you get sound then problem is within TV and if still no sound out from soundbar that means soundbar has got internal problem.

Please reply back with above test result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hooked up to a samsung tv and didn't get any sound. So it must be the sounder.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Correct, it is soundbar failure and a new soundbar will resolve the problem. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.