Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.
14666028

Tv power & cable box out of sync. how to fix

Customer Question

tv power & cable box out of sync. how to fix
Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Hi. Can you define "out of sync". One thing that sometime happen is that the TV is ON while the cable box is OFF and inversely. Let me know if this is the case or something else.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's exactly the case.
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Usually cable box remote send a dual signal (one right after the other). One to toggle the state of the TV, the other toggle the state of the cable box. If you direct the remote so that it get one barely and the other receiver is out of range, they will toggle no longer together the next time you use the remote.

The cable box remote often have a button for the cable box only and one that do both TV and cable box. If the one you have is like that you can click once on the cable box only "ON" button. If it does not, you can manually turn the TV ON with the TV power button (or the power button of the TV remote). From that point both the TV and cable box should have returned in "toggle sync".