TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The vertical lines on my PN50C450 is getting really bad.

Customer Question
There are a lot of...
The vertical lines on my PN50C450 is getting really bad. There are a lot of vertical lines on the right side of the Samsung name and 1 on the very left hand side of the tv. I purchased and replaced the logic board per what was suggested but it seems as though it got worse. What can I do?
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I have had this tv for about 6-7 years now
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: about 2 years now. It started with just a couple lines and then over time, it just got worse
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should be it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
11/11/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Is it possible for you to provide/ attach a picture of screen so I can view these lines that will help to diagnose the problem bit quickly?

Use Add-File link located below the box where you type the reply to attach the file in this chat thread.

Thanks.

Thanks for the picture that helped a lot.

Did you replace identical logic board having same part number as of old logic board?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced the identical logic board.

OK, then it is buffer boards issue located at bottom of display panel, unfortunately these boards are not available separately nor they can be replaced as they come embedded with display panel so you would need to replace entire display panel/ screen to fix these lines problem. Please get the part number off of sticker/ label pasted on metal frame of display panel to search/ google it to get price info that will help you to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician